Make Your Own Bath Bombs
Bath bombs can turn a simple bath into a fizzy tub of wellness, particularly when you make your own using natural ingredients. This recipe includes coconut oil which will leave your skin feeling smooth and nourished, calendula which is great for the skin due to its healing properties, lavender oil which is known for its calming properties, as well as the base ingredients needed to make a bath bomb.
Make your own bath bombs with:
- 1 cup of bi-carb soda
- 1/2 cup of Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1.5 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- a few drops of food colouring
- 3 drops of lavender oil
- A sprinkle of calendula (or any dried flower or herb)
- A bath bomb or silicone baking mold, ice cube trays,
- Mixing the dry ingredients, except the citric acid in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the liquid ingredients and follow with the citric acid, which will create a fizz.
- Start mixing all the ingredients together. It should clump together when you press it in your hands. If it’s still loose and dry try adding a little more water.
- Fill the molds and press down. Add additional petals on top.
- Allow to dry for at least 8 hours.