Coconut Popcorn Chicken
Coconut Popcorn Chicken is a super tasty snack. I love popcorn chicken, which is even better than the fast food variety.
What you’ll need:
- 175g coconut flour
- 1.5 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 150 ml of water + 2-3 ice cubes
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 300g of chicken breast
- 4-5 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of 5-spice mix (optional)
- Chill flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Sift 125g of flour into a bowl; then add baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix it all together and add the egg.
- Add the iced water and whisk everything together to form a smooth batter.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, coconut and chilli in a bowl, and add a bit more salt and pepper if you like.
- Add the remaining flour and 5-spice mixes in a bowl and coat the chicken breasts one by one.
- Dip the prawns in the batter, then coat the chicken breast with the breadcrumbs, coconut and chilli mix.
- Put them on a plate ready to cook.
- Heat the coconut oil on medium heat in a wok or nonstick pan. Sprinkle a few breadcrumbs in the oil, and it is ready when it starts to move around. Turn the heat down if the breadcrumb looks like it is burnt straight away.
- Fry the chicken breast in the wok or pan till cooked and golden and place on a plate with a paper towel.
- Allow them to cool
Coconut Popcorn Chicken can be enjoyed on their own or as an entrée!
Check this out:
Coconut is a tropical fruit famous for its many culinary and medicinal uses. Many uses coconut for both sweet and savoury dishes. It is also a flavour enhancer in many recipes. Nevertheless, there is more to this tropical fruit than meets the eye. Coconut comes in three popular textures: shredded, desiccated, and flaked. Each of these textures affects the use of Coconut for food and drinks.
If you are thinking of a new recipe, Organic Coconut Confetti with Superfoods Mix 30g is the right one for you! Bring this Organic Coconut Confetti with Superfoods to your must-try list.
This is an easy-to-make Coconut, vege and salmon summer salad for 1. Double, triple etc., the amount of vegetables you use based on the number of serves you require, or make adjustments to your preference.
Check our blogs for more recipes and tips!
We are delighted to share our homemade recipes with you.